New Jersey Car Accident Attorneys
Helping Auto Accident Victims Fight for Justice & Compensation
Having to deal with damage to your vehicle as a result of a car accident is bad enough, but to have to add dealing with pain and injuries to your worries is a lot to handle. Lost wages from missing work, dealing with car insurance companies, and medical bills are just a few things that stem from a car accident. Fortunately, our New Jersey car accident lawyers are on your side. At Bendit Weinstock, P.A., we fight for the rights of individuals injured in auto accidents and work in gaining the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
Insurance companies can be held responsible for the following parts of a car accident claim:
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
What to Do after a Car Accident
In the wake of an accident, you may be feeling some degree of shock. However, what you do immediately after the collision can play a role in your ability to later collect damages. Because of this, it’s very important that you keep a few things in mind after the accident.
After a car accident, to the best of your ability, try to do the following:
- Ensure that you and anyone else involved in the accident receives proper medical care. If needed, call 9-1-1 and have paramedics come to the scene of the crash.
- Contact local law enforcement and have police come out to the accident site. Provide a written police report, as this can be used to substantiate your potential future claim.
- If possible, take down statements from any witnesses who saw the accident or what happened immediately before and after the collision took place.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including pictures of any injuries you suffered, as well as any property damage to your vehicle.
- As soon as possible, seek medical attention. Even if you believe you are not injured, it’s important to be checked over by a medical professional to rule out any unnoticed injuries.
- Report the accident to your own insurance provider, but avoid speaking to any adjusters from the other party’s insurance company, as these adjusters are not on your side.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney, like those at Bendit Weinstock, P.A., who can help you build a case to seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages
What Is Pain & Suffering?
Hard costs—such as property damage, lost wages, and medical bills—are fairly simple to add up, but car accidents can cause pain and suffering other than physical injuries. Emotional distress is a common result of car accidents but it's difficult to put a monetary value on it.
Examples of pain and suffering include:
- Anxiety and depression
- Insomnia and/or nightmares
- Emotional distress, such as guilt, frustration, bitterness, and fear
- Memory loss
- Physical pain, discomfort, and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Our law firm can help you navigate all the issues you will have with your own insurance company under your no-fault benefits and can also negotiate a settlement with the insurance company for the other driver involved in the accident. We can help ensure that you receive all of the no-fault personal injury protection (“PIP”) benefits that you are entitled to, along with helping you receive your collision, comprehensive, and property damage benefits.
Do Not Wait to Hire a Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a car accident, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. In most cases, New Jersey carries a two-year statute of limitations on claims, but there are some exceptions that may require you to file an accident claim within 90 days. The best strategy is to hire an attorney as soon as possible. Our New Jersey car accident lawyers can advise you about the limitations in your unique case.
Do Not Take the First Deal; Let Your Attorney Help You Decide
You should never accept the first offer made on your claim from the insurance company. It is important to keep in mind that any compensation will have to cover all lost wages and medical bills, not just current losses. It is the goal of the insurance companies to pay the bare minimum on claims made against them because they are only looking out for themselves. You should not settle for less than you are entitled to; our car accident attorneys in New Jersey can assist you with your case with a goal of getting you the money are owed.
If you have been injured in an auto accident, our lawyers can help manage your accident claim to ensure that all of your medical bills have been paid by the appropriate insurance company. More importantly, we can gather all of the pertinent medical records and put together a comprehensive settlement package to forward to the insurance company for the other vehicle to try and obtain a settlement to compensate you for both your wage loss and pain and suffering claims.
If your accident involves an uninsured driver, our lawyers also have experience in handling all aspects of your uninsured motorist (“UM”) claim along with your underinsured motorist (“UIM”) claim if the insurance policy limits on the other vehicle are not sufficient to compensate you for your injuries.
At Bendit Weinstock, P.A., We Help People Like You
Bendit Weinstock, P.A. has been helping injured people for over 60 years. While we may be one of the oldest and most experienced firms in the state, we still believe that a client-attorney relationship is important, which is why all of our attorneys handle their cases personally instead of passing them off to a paralegal.
Motor Vehicle Accident $14,500,000
Truck Accident $1,200,000
Negligent Fencing of Pet Dog That Caused Motor Vehicle Accident $1,000,000
A Motor Vehicle Accident $865,000
Motor Vehicle Accident $750,000
Dram Shop Case $750,000
Motor Vehicle Accident $650,000
Pedestrian Struck While Crossing the Street $500,000
Our lawyers treat every client with the highest respect and handle cases personally instead of passing them off to a paralegal.
Our attorneys are committed advocates for our clients.
Our experienced attorneys have been widely recognized for their excellence within their respective legal fields.
Experience on Your Side
Founded in 1957, we are proud to be one of the oldest and most experienced law firms in the state.
Bendit Weinstock, P.A. is a premier firm in New Jersey representing clients in a variety of legal matters. Established in 1957, it is one of the oldest and most experienced law firms in the state.