Sherri Davis FowlerPartner
Phone: (973) 736-9800 ext. 130
Sherri Davis Fowler is a litigator and business counselor with more than 30 years experience. She joined the firm in 1989. Her practice focuses on complex business litigation, disputes over ownership and operation of businesses, unfair business practices, fraud, fiduciary claims, and estate matters.
During her career, Ms. Fowler has litigated and resolved all manner of business disputes, including interpretation and application of agreements relating to licensing, marketing, business governance, employment, secured transactions, and intellectual property and technology use. She has litigated a multitude of complex matters, including fiduciary performance cases, disputes involving restrictive covenants and non-competition agreements, creditor claims, fraudulent conveyance actions, insurance coverage disputes, will contests, and estate administration disputes.
Ms. Fowler counsels individuals and businesses concerning transactions and contractual relationships which govern their day-to-day operations and dealings. She provides strategic advice concerning the conduct, management and settlement of litigation matters, in the context of a business' need to focus on conducting its business operations, while also addressing the litigation at hand.
Ms. Fowler also has negotiated and drafted a variety of agreements for businesses and individuals, ranging from contracts governing business entity start-up, to international co-partnerships and distributorship arrangements.
Ms. Fowler also handles the bulk of the firm’s appellate work, which encompasses practice areas including real estate, insurance coverage, complex personal injury cases, and municipal law. During her tenure with the firm, Ms. Fowler has handled numerous appeals in state and federal courts, addressing both substantive and procedural issues. Her extensive knowledge of the litigation process from pre-trial proceedings though appeal serves to inform her advice to those involved in litigation.
Ms. Fowler has lectured on topics of interest to business owners and decision-makers and to litigators. She has been appointed by Courts as a guardian ad litem in litigation matters, and is a long-time appointed member of the New Jersey State Bar Equity Jurisprudence Committee. She served as a member, then Chairperson of the New Jersey Supreme Court District Fee Arbitration Panel of the Office of Attorney Ethics, in the Essex County vicinage, from 2001 to 2005, conducting hearings and issuing opinions.
- University of Virginia, B.A., Foreign Affairs
- College of William & Mary, Marshall Wythe School of Law, Juris Doctor
- New Jersey State Bar
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- Virginia State Bar (Associate member)
- Complex Business litigation, Estate and Fiduciary litigation, Chancery litigation, Appellate practice
- Appointed member, Equity Jurisprudence Committee of the New Jersey State Bar; 1999 – present
- Appointed member, Supreme Court of New Jersey Fee Arbitration Committee,
- District V-B, 2001 to present; Panel Chairperson, 2003 – 2005
- Appointed as guardian ad litem for minors in various litigation matters by Judges of the Superior Court of New Jersey