New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney
What Is Personal Injury?
Personal injury is an umbrella term that refers to any injury you personally suffer from as a result of someone else's negligence. An injured person can file a lawsuit against another individual, business, or entity with a personal injury claim.
There are two major components to any personal injury claim:
- Negligence: a personal injury case must prove that the responsible party showed a lack of care, which resulted in your injuries.
- Damages: once negligence is established, damages for both economic and non-economic loses can be collected in the form of a settlement.
To secure the legal services of Bendit Weinstock, contact us at (973) 736-9800 to speak with a NJ personal injury lawyer near you. Our injury team is located in West Orange and Edison, serving all of New Jersey.
WHAT ARE COMMON PERSONAL INJURIES?
Personal injuries can happen due to a variety of factors, including negligence or recklessness on the part of another person, business, or entity. These types of situations often lead to physical and emotional harm for victims and their families. Injuries that are often seen in these cases include, but are not limited to:
- Broken or fractured bones.
- Head trauma/traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis.
- Soft tissue damage, such as whiplash, strain or sprain.
- Internal organ damage.
- Psychological trauma, such as depression and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Burns or scalding from fires, explosions or hazardous chemicals.
- Amputations and other types of disfigurement caused by a traumatic event.
- Death of a loved one in an accident.
In these cases, it is important to seek legal representation from an experienced personal injury attorney in order to ensure that your rights are protected and you receive the compensation you deserve. At Bendit Weinstock, we are dedicated to helping those who have been injured due to someone else’s negligence get justice. With over 60 years of experience serving clients throughout New Jersey, our team will work diligently to help you recover maximum damages for your injuries.
HOW CAN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS IN NEW JERSEY HELP THE INJURED?
When you are injured in a personal injury accident, it can be an overwhelming and confusing experience. It is important to have experienced legal representation from a trusted personal injury attorney near you who can help protect your rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Here is a list of services a New Jersey injury attorney may provide to help you recover the compensation that you deserve:
- Explain Your Rights: A personal injury attorney can help you understand your case, your legal rights and the potential outcomes.
- Give You Legal Advice: An experienced lawyer can guide you in filing a claim for compensation and determine all possible sources of recovery, including insurance policies and other responsible parties.
- Help You File a Lawsuit: They will advise you on when to file a lawsuit or settle out-of-court, if necessary.
- Meet Deadlines: Attorneys are able to identify any applicable deadlines (statutes of limitations) that may affect your case such as time limits to file claims or sue after an accident.
- Provide Support: They will provide support throughout the entire process, from beginning until settlement is reached or verdict is finalised in court proceedings if needed.
- Provide Knowledge of the Law: Personal injury lawyers are well versed with state laws related to personal injury cases and know how best to address them in order maximize the chances of obtaining favorable results for their clients through settlements or aggressive litigation if necessary.
- Negotiate: An attorney can negotiate with insurers on behalf of injured victims who seek compensation for damages caused by negligence.
- Gather Evidence: Your legal team would be able to compile medical records and reports, witness statements, pictures/video evidence, and more in order to strengthen your case.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth in NJ?
If you're considering filing a personal injury claim against the negligent party that hurt you, you may be wondering how much your injury case is worth. Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to that question.
The worth of your injury case is determined by a number of factors, such as the insurance policy limit for bodily injury and property damage. Another important factor is the severity of your injury.
Generally, the more severe an injury, the more compensation you will be eligible to receive. Speaking with an injury attorney in NJ can help you understand your situation better. So, before deciding anything about your injury case, our personal injury law firm encourages you to call our office and schedule a free initial consultation with one of our New Jersey personal injury attorneys.
New Jersey Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our team of seasoned personal injury attorneys in New Jersey can represent you in a variety of personal injury cases such as:
- Alcohol Related Accidents: including assaults, dram shop claims, and negligent security.
- Assault/Abuse: including clergy abuse and school abuse.
- Aviation Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents: including defective equipment, intersection accidents, and right of way accidents.
- Birth Injuries: including Erb’s Palsy, baby brain damage, birth defects, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, failure to diagnose prenatal conditions, fetal distress, forceps injury, shoulder dystocia, Spina Bifida, and Tay-Sachs Disease.
- Burn Injuries
- Bus Accidents
- Defective Products/Outlets
- Gas Fireplace Injuries
- Negligent Fire Department Claims
- Brain Injuries: including Seizure Disorder Injuries and traumatic brain injury.
- Civil Rights: including police brutality and unlawful detainment.
- Class Action/Mass Torts/MDLs: including 3M Military Earplugs, asbestos, JUUL, opiods, and roundup cases.
- Construction Accidents: including burn Injury, chemical exposure, construction site death, crane accidents, harness malfunction cases, machinery accidents, and scaffold accidents.
- Dog and Animal Bites
- Medical Transport Accidents
- Medical Malpractice: including cancer misdiagnosis, dental malpractice, failure to diagnose cases, hospital malpractice, inappropriate prescription of medication, misdiagnosed cases, nursing home negligence, physician malpractice, and surgical malpractice cases.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: including bus Accidents, car accidents, distracted driving accidents, intersection accidents, medical transport accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, rear end accidents, school vehicle accidents, taxi accidents, and Uber/Lyft accidents.
- Premises Liability: including negligent storage of drugs, sidewalk trip and falls, snow and ice accidents, shopping center/stores slip and falls, unsafe stairs, and lack of/negligent security.
- Products Liability/Defective Products: including air bag defects, car seat defects, consumer products, defective brakes, defective drugs, defective household goods, defective tires, farming machine accidents, gas tank explosions, industrial machine accidents, seatbelt defects, and lead paint poisoning.
- Professional Negligence: including engineering malpractice, legal malpractice, medical malpractice, and police/fire department negligence.
- Train and Light Rail Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Workplace Injuries: including construction accidents, driving accidents, falls at work, mechanical injuries, occupational injuries, overuse injuries, and warehouse claims.
- Wrongful Death
Additional Personal Injury Cases We Handle
At Bendit Weinstock P.A. we also handle injury cases listed below. Read on to learn how our experienced NJ personal injury attorneys can help you recover.
Bendit Weinstock has represented burn victims since its founding in 1957. Our firm utilizes the latest technology to highlight damages to juries during a trial. Our personal injury legal team find that doing so, often results in higher verdicts for our clients.
In burn cases, it is important to document injuries as they progress. Whether burns are caused by a fire or by a defective product, our personal injury lawyers in New Jersey have the expertise necessary to successfully resolve your injury case.
Gas and Fireplace Injuries
If you or a loved one were injured as a result of your contact with a gas fireplace, it is important that you hire a PI lawyer in New Jersey who has proper experience handling these types of cases. Our NJ law firm has handled many cases involving personal injuries sustained by infants who came into contact with a portable gas or electric fireplace.
Unfortunately, these cases, at times, involve catastrophic injuries involving both hand burns and burns to other parts of the body as a result of contact with hot and hazardous items. It is important that you contact personal injury lawyers in New Jersey immediately if you have been injured as a result of any portable gas or electric heating equipment.
Lack of Security
If you, a family member, or an acquaintance have been injured or have been a victim of crime as a result of an assault or any other type of crime that was caused by the lack of security provided by either a retail or residential entity or housing complex, it is important that you hire a law firm with experience with these matters.
At Bendit Weinstock, our personal injury attorneys in New Jersey have handled injury cases for many years against residential property owners and retail property owners.
Lead Paint Poisoning
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries as a result of exposure to lead paint, it is important that you contact our firm immediately to determine whether or not you can pursue a claim against both the property owner and the manufacturer of the lead-based product.
Our firm has handled numerous injury cases involving lead paint poisoning and has the expertise and experience to properly handle and prosecute your personal injury claim on your behalf.
New Jersey Transit Train Accidents
If you, a family member, or acquaintance have been injured in either an accident involving an NJ Transit train or bus, there are numerous difficult and troublesome issues that require the attention and skill of a personal injury lawyer. The New Jersey Tort Claims Act has several specific legal requirements that must be complied with.
These include filing a Tort Claims Notice within 90 days. Our law firm has handled numerous cases involving NJ Transit’s negligence and has the expertise and knowledge to aggressively and properly pursue these personal injury claims on your behalf.
Our experienced attorneys routinely work with numerous experts in the field of accident reconstruction who use their skill and expertise to evaluate an accident to determine who was responsible and to provide expert testimony in court if the case goes to trial. There is no NJ Transit train too complex or too simple for our law firm to handle.
Medical Transport Accidents
If you, a family member, or an acquaintance has been injured while being transported or picked up by a medical transport company in New Jersey, our personal injury attorneys have extensive experience in handling these types of injury cases.
More specifically, our NJ personal injury lawyers have handled injury cases involving both the pick- up and delivery of patients or individuals who required medical transport. With many complex issues involved, it is important that you hire an experienced personal injury lawyer in NJ if you have been injured in an accident involving a medical transport vehicle.
If you, a family member, or acquaintance have been injured in either an accident involving a motorcycle around West Orange, Edison, or the surrounding areas, there are numerous difficult and troublesome issues that require the attention and skill of a seasoned personal injury lawyer in NJ.
Our New Jersey injury firm has handled numerous cases involving both motorcycles and has the expertise and knowledge to aggressively and properly pursue these claims on your behalf.
If you or someone you know has been injured where you were a pedestrian in an automobile accident, there are numerous issues that need to be addressed where a New Jersey pedestrian injury lawyer's help is important. Bendit Weinstock can help navigate the difficult and troublesome area in determining what insurance, if any, is available to pay for any medical treatment that may be required by the pedestrian.
Our NJ personal injury law firm will also obtain all relevant medical records and put together a comprehensive settlement package that will be sent to the insurance company for the vehicle involved in the accident to obtain a settlement for any wage loss claim and pain and suffering claim.
Standing Up for The Rights of the Injured Since 1957
Our New Jersey personal injury law firm prepares each and every personal injury case as though we are going to get ready for trial. If you or a loved one has been a victim of a negligent, reckless, or violent acts, make sure that you seek the help of our injury firm for competent representation.
Speak with a New Jersey personal injury lawyer from our firm when you contact us online or call (973) 736-9800 today. Our NJ personal injury law firm serves West Orange, Edison, and everywhere in between.
Motor Vehicle Accident $14,500,000
Constuction Site Accident $5,600,000
Negligent Storage of Drugs $5,400,000
Negligent Maintenance of School Gym Equipment $4,500,000
Lasik Surgery Malpractice (5 cases) $4,257,273
Hospital Malpractice $4,000,000
Orthopedic Malpractice $3,942,208
Emergency Room Malpractice $3,615,000
Sporting Goods Injury $3,600,000
Emergency Room Malpractice $3,250,000
Personalized AttentionOur lawyers treat every client with the highest respect and handle cases personally instead of passing them off to a paralegal.
Results-Driven ApproachOur attorneys are committed advocates for our clients.
Award-Winning AttorneysOur experienced attorneys have been widely recognized for their excellence within their respective legal fields.
Experience on Your SideFounded in 1957, we are proud to be one of the oldest and most experienced law firms in the state.
Bendit Weinstock, P.A. is a premier firm in New Jersey representing clients in a variety of legal matters. Established in 1957, it is one of the oldest and most experienced law firms in the state.