New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney
Standing Up for The Injured and Oppressed Since 1957
At Bendit Weinstock, we are dedicated to helping the injured. We believe that good people who have sustained injuries because of the negligence of others deserve justice. For over 60 years, we have been the Firm that New Jersey has trusted to take care of your family’s future. We prepare each and every case as though we are going to get ready for trial. If you or a loved one has been a victim of a negligent, reckless, or violent acts, make sure that you seek the help of our firm for competent representation.
What Is Personal Injury?
"Personal injury" is an umbrella term that refers to any injury you personally suffer from as a result of someone else's negligence. An injured person can file a lawsuit against another individual, business, or entity with a personal injury claim. There are two major components to any personal injury claim: negligence and damages.
- Negligence -a personal injury case must prove that the responsible party showed a lack of care, which resulted in your injuries.
- Damages - once negligence is established, damages for both economic and non-economic loses can be collected in the form of a settlement.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
If you're considering filing a personal injury claim against the negligent party that hurt you, you may be wondering how much your case is worth. Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to that question. The worth of your case is determined by a number of factors, such as the insurance policy limit for bodily injury and property damage. Another important factor is the severity of your injury. Generally, the more severe an injury, the more compensation you will be eligible to receive. Before deciding anything about your case, we encourage you to call our office and schedule a free initial consultation with one of our New Jersey personal injury attorneys.
What Personal Injury Cases Do We Handle?
Our team of seasoned attorneys can represent you in a variety of cases such as:
- Alcohol Related Accidents, including Assaults, Dram Shop Claims, & Negligent Security
- Assault/Abuse, including Clergy Abuse & School Abuse
- Aviation Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents, including Defective Equipment, Intersection Accidents, & Right of Way Accidents
- Birth Injuries, including Erb’s Palsy, Baby Brain Damage, Birth Defects, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Failure to Diagnose Prenatal Conditions, Fetal Distress, Forceps Injury, Shoulder Dystocia, Spina Bifida, & Tay-Sachs Disease
- Burn Injuries
- Defective Products/Outlets
- Negligent Fire Department Claims
- Brain Injuries, including Seizure Disorder Injuries & Traumatic Brain Injury
- Civil Rights, including Police Brutality & Unlawful Detainment
- Class Action/Mass Torts/MDLs, including 3M Military Earplugs, Asbestos, JUUL, Opiods, & Roundup Cases
- Construction Accidents, including Burn Injury, Chemical Exposure, Construction Site Death, Crane Accidents, Harness Malfunction Cases, Machinery Accidents, & Scaffold Accidents
- Dog and Animal Bites
- Medical Malpractice, including Cancer Misdiagnosis, Dental Malpractice, Failure to Diagnose Cases, Hospital Malpractice, Inappropriate Prescription of Medication, Misdiagnosed Cases, Nursing Home Negligence, Physician Malpractice, Surgical Malpractice Cases
- Motor Vehicle Accidents, including Bus Accidents, Car Accidents, Distracted Driving Accidents, Intersection Accidents, Medical Transport Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Pedestrian Accidents, Rear End Accidents, School Vehicle Accidents, Taxi Accidents, & Uber/Lyft Accidents
- Premises Liability, including Negligent Storage of Drugs, Sidewalk Trip and Falls, Snow and Ice Accidents, Shopping Center/Stores Slip and Falls, & Unsafe Stairs
- Products Liability/Defective Products, including Air Bag Defects, Car Seat Defects, Consumer Products, Defective Brakes, Defective Drugs, Defective Household Goods, Defective Tires, Farming Machine Accidents, Gas Tank Explosions, Industrial Machine Accidents, & Seatbelt Defect
- Professional Negligence, including Engineering Malpractice, Legal Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, & Police/Fire Department Negligence
- Train and Light Rail Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Workplace Injuries, including Construction Accidents, Driving Accidents, Fall Downs at Work, Mechanical Injuries, Occupational Injuries, Overuse Injuries, & Warehouse Claims
- Wrongful Death
Other Types of Personal Injury Cases
At Bendit Weinstock P.A. we also handle cases listed below. Read on to learn how our experienced NJ personal injury attorneys can help you recover.
- Aviation Accidents
- Gas Fireplace Injuries
- Lack of/Negligent Security
- Lead Paint Poisoning
- Medical Transport Accidents
- New Jersey Transit Train & Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Bendit Weinstock has represented burn victims since its founding in 1957. Our firm utilizes the latest technology to highlight damages to juries during a trial. We find that doing so, often results in higher verdicts for our clients. In burn cases, it is important to document injuries as they progress. Whether burns are caused by a fire or by a defective product, we have the expertise necessary to successfully resolve your case.
Gas Fireplace Injuries
If you or a loved one were injured as a result of your contact with a gas fireplace, it is important that you hire a lawyer who has proper experience handling these types of cases. Our law firm has handled many cases involving injuries sustained by infants who came into contact with a portable gas or electric fireplace. Unfortunately, these cases, at times, involve catastrophic injuries involving both hand burns and burns to other parts of the body as a result of contact with hot and hazardous items. It is important that you contact our firm immediately if you have been injured as a result of any portable gas or electric heating equipment.
Lack of Security
If you, a family member, or an acquaintance have been injured or have been a victim of crime as a result of an assault or any other type of crime that was caused by the lack of security provided by either a retail or residential entity or housing complex, it is important that you hire a law firm with experience with these matters. At Bendit Weinstock, we have, for many years, handled lack of security cases against both residential property owners and retail property owners.
Lead Paint Poisoning
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries as a result of exposure to lead paint, it is important that you contact a New Jersey personal injury attorney from our firm immediately to determine whether or not you can pursue a claim against both the property owner and the manufacturer of the lead-based product. Our law firm has handled numerous cases involving lead paint poisoning and has the expertise and experience to properly handle and prosecute your claim on your behalf.
New Jersey Transit Train & Bus Accidents
If you, a family member, or acquaintance have been injured in either an accident involving an NJ Transit train or bus, there are numerous difficult and troublesome issues that require the attention and skill of a personal injury lawyer. The New Jersey Tort Claims Act has several specific legal requirements that must be complied with. These include filing a Tort Claims Notice within 90 days. Our law firm has handled numerous cases involving NJ Transit’s negligence and has the expertise and knowledge to aggressively and properly pursue these claims on your behalf. We routinely work with numerous experts in the field of accident reconstruction who use their skill and expertise to evaluate an accident to determine who was responsible and to provide expert testimony in court if the case goes to trial. There is no NJ Transit train or bus accident too complex or too simple for our law firm to handle.
Medical Transport Accidents
If you, a family member, or an acquaintance has been injured while being transported or picked up by a medical transport company in New Jersey, our personal injury attorneys have extensive experience in handling these types of cases. More specifically, our lawyers have handled cases involving both the pick- up and delivery of patients or individuals who required medical transport. With many complex issues involved, it is important that you hire an experienced lawyer if you have been injured in an accident involving a medical transport vehicle.
Motorcycle and Bicycle Accidents
If you, a family member, or acquaintance have been injured in either an accident involving a motorcycle or bicycle around West Orange, Edison, or the surrounding areas, there are numerous difficult and troublesome issues that require the attention and skill of a seasoned personal injury lawyer. Our New Jersey law firm has handled numerous cases involving both motorcycles and bicycles and has the expertise and knowledge to aggressively and properly pursue these claims on your behalf.
If you or someone you know has been injured where you were a pedestrian in an automobile accident, there are numerous issues that need to be addressed where a personal injury lawyer's help is important. Bendit Weinstock can help navigate the difficult and troublesome area in determining what insurance, if any, is available to pay for any medical treatment that may be required by the pedestrian. Our law firm will also obtain all relevant medical records and put together a comprehensive settlement package that will be sent to the insurance company for the vehicle involved in the accident to obtain a settlement for any wage loss claim and pain and suffering claim.
In New Jersey, a wrongful death claim can be filed for the death of an individual caused by the negligent or wrongful acts by another individual or entity. A typical lawsuit for wrongful death consists of a survivorship action and a wrongful death action. The survivorship action consists of the conscious pain and suffering suffered by the individual prior to his or her death. The wrongful death action is an action brought by the heirs of the deceased for the loss of guidance, advice, and financial support provided by the deceased. Bendit Weinstock’s personal injury attorneys are experienced and have, time after time,collected outstanding results in wrongful death cases. If your loved one has passed due to the negligence or wrongful act of a third party, please call us so that we can fight for your family.
Motor Vehicle Accident $14,500,000
Constuction Site Accident $5,600,000
Negligent Storage of Drugs $5,400,000
Negligent Maintenance of School Gym Equipment $4,500,000
Lasik Surgery Malpractice (5 cases) $4,257,273
Hospital Malpractice $4,000,000
Orthopedic Malpractice $3,942,208
Emergency Room Malpractice $3,615,000
Sporting Goods Injury $3,600,000
Emergency Room Malpractice $3,250,000
Our lawyers treat every client with the highest respect and handle cases personally instead of passing them off to a paralegal.
Our attorneys are committed advocates for our clients.
Our experienced attorneys have been widely recognized for their excellence within their respective legal fields.
Experience on Your Side
Founded in 1957, we are proud to be one of the oldest and most experienced law firms in the state.
Bendit Weinstock, P.A. is a premier firm in New Jersey representing clients in a variety of legal matters. Established in 1957, it is one of the oldest and most experienced law firms in the state.