New Jersey Slip & Fall Lawyers
Fighting for Compensation for Your Slip & Fall Injuries
When you visit an establishment or private residence, you do not expect to slip, fall, and become injured. Often, there are threats present on the property that could cause an accident. Generally speaking, a business owner has a duty to maintain their property in a safe and non-hazardous condition. If the person responsible for the property was negligent in removing or identifying the hazard, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
At Bendit Weinstock, P.A., our personal injury attorneys are able to investigate slip and fall injuries and determine who is responsible for your compensation. We give each client personalized attention directly from our attorneys. You will not have to go through a paralegal.
Common Causes of Slip & Falls
Our attorneys can investigate your fall, as well as contact appropriate experts to conduct a site inspection and evaluation to determine the cause of your fall and whether or not the business entity or property owner was responsible for causing your accident.
Common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Uneven surfaces: Rugs, uneven floorboards, or damaged tile can cause tripping, as can construction areas that should be roped off
- Slippery floors: Newly mopped floors or floors wet with rain and melted snow can cause slips
- Clutter: Tools, work equipment, or un-shelved stock left in store aisles or on a walkway can cause visitors to trip
- Insufficient lighting: Dim lighting in walkways, stairwells, or garages can make it difficult to see and create tripping hazards
- Holes: Potholes or holes in landscaping should be roped off as they can cause falls
- Spills: Items that fall off the shelf or any liquid on the floor’s surface that is not properly identified or cleaned up can cause slipping or tripping
Bendit Weinstock, P.A. handles slip and falls cases involving dangerous property conditions such as those mentioned here. We also handle cases involving slip and falls on ice where the property owner negligently fails to clean or prevent snow and ice accumulation on their property.
Why Do I Need an Attorney for a Slip & Fall Injury Claim?
When you are injured from a slip and fall accident, you may not realize you have any rights to compensation for your injuries. For slip and fall accidents in New Jersey, there is a two-year statute of limitations to file a claim. Even if you are not sure about who is responsible for your injuries and pain and suffering, it is best to consult with our slip and fall attorneys and let us explore all your options.
These cases fall under the umbrella of premises liability. Premises liability cases can be difficult to prove, and it is a good idea to work with an experienced attorney who knows how to establish liability for your injuries and effectively negotiate for the full, fair recovery you are owed.
In establishing liability for your slip and fall injuries, you will need to prove the following:
- The property owner (or another liable party) owed you a duty of care. This can usually be established by proving that you were legally on the property at the time of the accident. Anyone found to have been trespassing or otherwise on the property unlawfully when they were injured will most likely be unable to collect compensation.
- Next, you must show that the property owner (or another liable party) knew of or should have known of a dangerous condition, yet failed to take proper steps to address, fix, repair, or otherwise warn others of the dangerous condition.
- You will also need to prove that, as a result of the dangerous condition, you were injured and, lastly, that your injuries led to measurable damages. These damages can either be economic—medical bills, lost wages, etc.—or noneconomic in nature. Noneconomic damages are things like pain and suffering.
At Bendit Weinstock, P.A., we understand how to prove the elements of a premises liability case. We can work to show how your slip and fall accident was caused by a property owner’s negligence and seek the maximum compensation you are owed. This is incredibly difficult for most people to do on their own without the assistance of a qualified legal team.
Bendit Weinstock, P.A. Works for Injured People
Our New Jersey slip and fall attorneys work aggressively to get maximum compensation for injured victims. You should only be concerned with recuperating from your slip and fall injuries—let us worry about the rest. We have been helping injured people for over 60 years, we can help you, too.
Contact Bendit Weinstock, P.A. at (973) 736-9800 to book your case evaluation.
Constuction Site Accident $5,600,000
Negligent Maintenance of School Gym Equipment $4,500,000
Scar Case Against Bus Company $1,800,000
School Board Negligence $1,700,000
Propane Gas Explosion $1,000,000
Supermarket Negligence $800,000
Violation of Building Code $500,000
Failure to Secure Swimming Pool $500,000
Our lawyers treat every client with the highest respect and handle cases personally instead of passing them off to a paralegal.
Our attorneys are committed advocates for our clients.
Our experienced attorneys have been widely recognized for their excellence within their respective legal fields.
Experience on Your Side
Founded in 1957, we are proud to be one of the oldest and most experienced law firms in the state.
Bendit Weinstock, P.A. is a premier firm in New Jersey representing clients in a variety of legal matters. Established in 1957, it is one of the oldest and most experienced law firms in the state.