Newark Personal Injury Lawyer
Serving the Injured and Bereaved in Newark, NJ for Over 60 Years
Bendit Weinstock, P.A. is dedicated to helping the injured and bereaved in Newark and across New Jersey. If someone else’s negligence caused your injury or loss, you should not have to face the consequences of their actions on your own, and our firm helps make sure you do not have to. Since 1957, we have been a trusted injury firm in Newark, NJ, and you can trust us to take care of your family and help secure your future.
We are trial-ready personal injury lawyers, which means we build the strongest possible case from beginning to end. If we cannot obtain the best possible results for you through settlement, we will not hesitate to go to court on your behalf.
If you or someone you love has suffered due to someone else’s careless or intentional acts, please do not hesitate to contact us at (973) 736-9800 or onlinefor the personalized attention and results-driven representation you deserve.
What Does Personal Injury Mean?
Personal injury or “tort law” is a field of law in which courts impose liability for torts – or acts or omissions that cause injury or harm to others. If someone causes a car accident, for example, anyone injured in the crash can hold the at-fault driver liable for resulting harm.
To win a personal injury case, you must prove negligence, which means showing:
- The defendant (the at-fault driver) owed the plaintiff (you) a duty of care (the duty all drivers have to drive safely)
- The defendant breached that duty (the at-fault driver failed to drive safely)
- The plaintiff suffered an injury (you were injured in the car crash)
- The plaintiff’s breach (the careless driving) caused the injury
Many plaintiffs hire a Newark personal injury lawyer to help them prove negligence and win their cases (in car accidents and other kinds of personal injury claims).
The award-winning Newark personal injury attorneys at Bendit Weinstock, P.A.are ready to put their 60+ years of hands-on legal experience on your side.
What Kinds of Cases Do You Handle in Newark?
Our firm handles personal injury claims of all shapes and sizes. The cases we handle in Newark include:
- Alcohol-related accidents – car crashes caused by drinking and driving, assaults fueled by alcohol, etc.
- Assault or abuse – intentional actions are called “intentional torts,” and our firm handles these kinds of cases, including clergy abuse and school abuse cases.
- Aviation accidents – plane crashes are rare but lead to complex personal injury claims.
- Bicycle accidents – involving defective bikes, unsafe road conditions, negligent drivers, and more.
- Birth injuries – inadequate medical care before, during, and after labor and delivery can cause serious injuries and death to both mother and child.
- Burn injuries – after house fires, car crashes, workplace accidents, and other dangerous situations.
- Bus accidents – claims involving both public and private transport (city buses, tour buses, and other commercial vehicles).
- Defective products/ outlets – manufacturers can cause injuries by releasing unsafe, flammable, or otherwise defective products. Electrical outlet troubles and faulty wiring can cause fires and other dangerous conditions.
- Gas fireplace injuries – lead to house fires, burn injuries, and other losses.
- Negligent fire department claims – response time is everything during an emergency, and even professionals can make mistakes and put you in danger.
- Brain injuries – often a result of unsafe driving and other negligent or intentional behaviors.
- Civil rights – these claims are relevant when your civil rights have been infringed upon. The term, “injury,” can refer to the invasion of any legal right.
- Class action/ mass torts / multidistrict litigation (MDL) – when many plaintiffs experience the same harm, this kind of lawsuit may be the best option to move forward.
- Construction accidents – construction is a dangerous industry, and both third-party liability and gross negligence can go beyond the scope of workers’ compensation and lead to lawsuits.
- Dog and animal bites – New Jersey pet owners are strictly liable for any harm their animals cause, so the law is on your side throughout dog bite claims.
- Medical transport accidents – ambulances and private transportation companies must be extra careful with vulnerable passengers.
- Medical malpractice – all medical professionals must abide by the standard of care or risk lawsuits.
- Motor vehicle accidents – include passenger vehicles, cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Anyone operating a motor vehicle on the road must act with safety in mind.
- Premises liability – property owners must keep their premises safe; failure can lead to a slip and fall claim or another lawsuit.
- Products liability – manufacturers can face liability when their products cause harm.
- Professional negligence – doctors, lawyers, and other professionals must meet set standards within their industries or face serious consequences when their errors cause injuries and losses.
- Train and light rail accidents – like plane crashes, these kinds of accidents are rare but inspire serious injuries and complex claims.
- Truck accidents – commercial truckers and shipping companies have armies of lawyers on their side to help them avoid liability; we fight back.
- Workplace injuries – you may need a lawyer in cases where the workers’ compensation system does not work as intended or in cases of gross negligence or third-party liability.
- Wrongful death – losing a loved one to someone else’s carelessness is one of the worst things that can happen to something; a lawsuit can help balance the scales of justice.
Any of the situations described above can inspire a personal injury lawsuit. While nothing we can do will change what happened, we can help you protect your rights and secure your future.
Why Should I File a Personal Injury Claim?
Personal injury claims help plaintiffs recover damages after serious injuries, accidents, and losses. Damages can help you offset and account for:
- Emergency services expenses
- Medical bills
- Missed wages
- Lost earning potential
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Assistive care and devices
- Changes to your quality of life
- And more
In wrongful death cases, damages can also help you pay for funeral and burial costs, compensate you for loss of companionship, and replace the income that your loved one would have brought in if they survived.
Some cases also include punitive damages, which make an example of the defendant to discourage similar behavior from others in the future.
Filing a personal injury claim with Bendit Weinstock, P.A. can help you cope with the aftermath of an accident, take time to grieve, afford everything you need, and even help others.
As one of the oldest and most experienced firms in the state, we can guide you through your personal injury claim in Newark.
Call us at (973) 736-9800 or send us a message onlineto get started with a free consultation today.